Excellent Text but Weak Wording – Reword My Paper!
Am I to reword my paper? How to estimate the text correctly
You’ve got a task to write an essay on a certain topic. You eagerly set down to that task, gather the information on the key points, browse the general reviews on the topic, search for the alternative opinions on the subject. Then you form your own ideas and put them in writing. You add the references, outline the general knowledge, describe the problem, argue your view…
You are as excited as Indiana Jones during his explorations. You steadily move to the final point of your paper where you can finally tilt back in your chair and take a deep satisfactory breath…
And then, you throw a glance over your text. You look and don’t believe your own eyes. The text looks plain, routine and uncouth. Your ideas seemed to be not clear and groundless. Let alone the orthographic and syntactic mistakes coming underlined in red here and there. It seems a disaster! And you have so little time before sending it to your curator…
That’s where the professional services of editors like edit paper, proofread paper, revise paper come in handy. If your text has good ideas but lacks the fixed structure and the vividness of expression, approach the editor with the task of rewording your paper.
Yet, you may think that your paper doesn’t need a complete rewording. To change the word here, replace the paragraph there, put this argument after that, oh, and change the conclusion as it doesn’t fit anymore... Looks like it really needs some changes to be introduced. But how to find out?
The external signs stating your text needs rewording:
- The Word or other program checker shows you there is a lot of the grammar mistakes (in percentage more than 55% to the total amount of the words):
This Reghulation were rether the oystere one. – The Regulation was rather an austere one.;
- You can’t find at once the word or phrase in the text you are looking for;
- The paragraphs seem to be disconcerted with each other:
The history of wars … . The linguistic rules…. The principle of social capitalism is often argued …;
- There are a lot of lengthy sentences and paragraphs. The text seem too wordy and routine:
The conclusion to which I came through examining and thoroughly analyzing the arguments I presented in this article, is that the social markers of capitalism do not only make a system of the semiotic signs but also include the characteristic of a regular man and the way he interacts with the surrounding area. – I reached the following conclusion: the social markers of capitalism reflect the characteristics of a regular man and his behavior;
- The text has too much Passive Voice constructions:
My ideas are such that the linguistic rules were not written to be learnt but to be used. – My ideas go as follows: the linguistic rules do not have to be learnt, while the use of them justifies their necessity;
- The text has too much complex sentences:
The Lady put the book in the place where she knew it will be safe, because she wanted to protect the cover from damage, like it already happened with the books she ordered before at the bookseller whose shop was situated down the street. – The Lady put the book away to the safe place. She wanted to protect the cover from damage. It already happened before with other books. She used to order the books at the bookseller’s shop down the street;
- The main idea isn’t derived from the text within first three paragraphs;
- The wording may be taken as offensive by some categories of readers:
It may not be well understood from the beginning, but …. If you don’t know what the SEO-analysis is, you’re not worth reading this text. – This topic may not be revealed comprehensively, but… This text is dedicated to the SEO-analysis and is addressed to the specific category of readers;
- The ideas of other people or the common knowledge facts are put as your own and vice-versa, you put your own ideas as if they do not belong to you:
As we put it, the natural selection is the primary law of the wildlife. – As Darwin mentioned, the natural selection….
How many factors match your paper? Hopefully none. If there are some, let’s head on to the next step – define the rewording and its procedures.
Rewording vs. Rewriting
When you decide that your paper must be changed, you will most likely browse in the Web for the tips as to the ways to perform it. You will encounter thousands of offers for rewriting and probably tens for rewording. A guideline as to where to rewrite article in the optimal way is available in our blog.
However, what is the difference between these two activities? Are they the same thing named in different manner or they are dedicated to perform different functions?
For the first look these two operations of the text modification seem the same. They both aim for the improvement of the text by means of various linguistic techniques. However if you care to analyze the definitions or rewriting and rewording you may well spot the border line between them. It comprises of the factor of adding a new information into the text when you make a rewrite, and making no alterations to the text data while rewording.
The cat played with the knitting my grandma’ has been doing.
Reword: The cat was playing with the grandma’s knitting.
Rewrite: The naughty kitten has entangled the grandmother’s knitting while playing with it.
The essential review on rewriting and its peculiarities is available in the “Services” clause of our blog http://essay-editor.net/blog/rewrite-an-essay-and-make-the-best-of-it.
Thus we can see that the essential point of rewording is literally “changing words”, leaving the meaning untouched.
The heavy cargo car drove briskly in the direction of an end of the street.
Reword: The truck rushed down the street.
At the same time rewriting is more “at liberty” to modify the meaning of the text or even throw away some parts of it:
The corn harvest was not good this year.
Rewrite: The gathered harvest of the corn crops have been poor this year.
Thus both methods of the text editing can be workable for your paper. To determine on one of them you’ve got to answer the question, “Is my text a complete disaster?”. If the answer is “Yes”, if the text seems disconcerted, with no fixed structure, the ideas blur – choose rewriting. If the text has a strong point of view, the arguments, preface and logical conclusion are presented comprehensively, you may well choose rewording.
If you still have some questions as to the specifics of rewriting and text editing the following articles might be of assistance:
- We Are Ready To Revise A Paper
- Choose The Best Cheap Rewriting Service
- All About Dissertation Proofreading Service UK
- Revision Essay – Is It Worth This?
- Proofreading Companies: Pros And Cons
The ways to reword your paper
The experienced writers have different opinions as to what to do with the unsuccessful text. Some advise to throw it into the dust bin immediately and begin with a blank sheet. Others recommend to let the text “lay down” for a while, distract your thoughts from it and to return to it later with the aim to reword it.
If you choose a second alternative, you’ve got to ensure you possess the following resources for this task:
- Linguistic skills.
If you vote for consulting the experts in your linguistic exercises, the professional service for essay editing will provide you with the full range of the editing services. You can save some cost and a lot of time putting a specified task for rewording only.
If you decided to make a rewording of your paper yourself there are next steps for you to follow:
1. Place the text before your eyes and try to look at it as a whole. Are there any blatant mistakes that bulge out and spoil the overall impression? Should this comma be put here or there, or just avoided at all? Checking for the minor mistakes such as spellchecking, punctuation, orthography is a task of the proofreading. Check the optimal ways to proofread your essay in the article from our blog http://essay-editor.net/blog/a-tricky-task--how-to-proofread-my-document-properly.
2. Determine the main problem of the text. Is its grammar too weak? Do you feel there is something wrong with the phrase constructions? Or all this paper needs is just adding some emotions into the informative yet boring review?
3. Whenever possible, change the Passive Voice to Active one. Be sure not to get too involved with this task, as the Passive Voice can be well justified in numerous cases, especially when writing an academic paper:
The rules of wildlife are set by the nature itself. – The nature sets the rules of wildlife. – the first sentence is preferable.
4. Briefness is a key to your success. See whether your ideas can be put into three sentences instead of three paragraphs, without lacking sense and form. Same is for arguments:
The sounds that are defined as lateral are the most difficult ones. They are the least easy to master. - The lateral sounds are the most difficult to master.
5. Check your grammar. With the analysis of the grammar, be sure to pick the simplest Parts of Speech and change the complex ones with them. For instance, instead of writing The faithful King guards threw onto each other really violently reword like The faithful knights attacked each other atrociously. There are particular rules on using the Adverbs in your text in the most recent article in our blog.
6. Check for available synonyms. Sometimes it is enough just to select the right synonym to make the sentence look more scientific or popular, or informal. Use the synonyms’ vocabularies for that task:
The socialism ideas were taken excitedly by the Imperial beau monde. – The socialism ideas were accepted positively by the Russian higher society.
7. Simplify your syntax. Break the complex sentences into simple ones if it won’t affect their meaning. It is advisable to use the explicit constructions Subject + Predicate as they are easier for perception than the incomplete ones:
The experiment foresaw analyzing the substance molecule that was received in the previous experiment. – The experiment foresaw analyzing the substance molecule. The latter was received in the previous experiment.
8. Organize your text. Ascertain your paper doesn’t look as a continuous set of words. Use the lists to define the key factors or properties, underline or use petite for the important information, use a different font or design for the examples:
The apple trees grow better in the semi-damp climate.
9. Bring examples. They make any text much more vivid and easier for perception:
The Adverbs are often used for the modification of a whole sentence: Lately, it’s been raining here.
10. If possible, bring some graphics into your text. Diagrams, info graphics, for some formats even plain pictography would do. Such animation will make the text comprehensive and “catching”.
11. Introduce changes gradually, always checking their influence on the whole text. Modify the words in one sentence. Then read the paragraph it belongs to. Make sure the meaning hasn’t changed (at least, not radically).
She wore a cap at the date. – She wore a swimming cap at the date.
Now your text must be looking way better than just after you have written it. It is possible that you also made some new ideas and are eager to implement them in your text. However, if you feel your paper still has a space for development, you may use the assistance of the dedicated services for that task.
How to place an order for the paper rewording
If you are going to contact the trustworthy proofreading essay website for rewording your paper, it is better to browse the range of the website services first. Some companies engage themselves only in specific tasks while others offer a wide scope of services. The companies might have different background, experience, professional level, legal status. All these circumstances may be crucial for the result you expect to obtain.
To place an order for the rewording of your paper, you can take the following steps:
- Make a copy of your text and save it on your disc.
- Discuss the conditions of the work with the editor (reworder). Emphasize you need the rewording only and determine the extent (whether you need a whole text to be reworded or a part only). Make a deal on the acceptable cost.
- Specify what kind of rewording you need. Should it be a change of style (to which one: scientific, popular, literature, informal) or adjusting the grammar and syntax. It may be that the text lacks emotions or, instead, is overflowed by them. Give a clear task to the editor what to do with your text.
- Provide another copy of your text to editor in the acceptable format. If no format was specified, provide a Word document or, otherwise, a document from the Cloud service.
- Upon the receipt of a final version, first check it independently. Then open the copy of the text you saved on your disc before and compare the two texts. Does the second one looks better? Does it convey your ideas? Hasn’t the meaning been changed during the rewording?
- Replying “No” to the above questions will automatically list you as a happy owner of an impeccable text. If you are in doubt as to the result of rewording, send your remarks to the editor. Discuss the task once again and clarify what points should be rectified.
Hopefully, now your paper is an ideal one and is ready for publishing.
The text rewording is a useful instrument to slightly modify your text without affecting its meaning, to make it look straight and be comprehensive. Rewording also allows you to change the style of your text without rewriting it completely, by means of different techniques the routine and boring information may be presented as a fresh and wholesome one. You can perform the rewording of your paper yourself provided you have sufficient time and advanced linguistic skills. Or you can use the services of the professionals in the field of the paper editing.
And remember, while the dedicated professional works out your text you can improve your knowledge of English using the tips in our articles:
- How To Become A Master Of Indirect Speech
- Where To Use Participles In Your Speech
- Several Important Ways Of Paper Editing
- How To Learn Present Simple Easy
- English Editors Will Help Non-Native Speakers!
Have you tried rewording your papers before? Did you succeed? What was the most difficult? Share your views with us!