The ways to make the world better are multiple. If you have chosen to make your input by developing a certain field of science, it is commendable! However, in order to promote your research among the scientific society and the broad masses, you will need to present a proof of your knowledge and skills – a scientific title. If you need to verify the relevant documents issued in another language, you can always use our special service. The knowledgeable and efficient document editor is available round-the-clock!
Our editing agency can help you in many ways. We can check and proofread your documents, correspondence, academic works. We can give you professional advice regarding the quality of your texts and the way of their development. We’ll help you to make English your second native language and talk and write in English with the perfect grammar and style! Check our website for details. We have a comprehensive table of services, a handy message box, an informative blog. Check what our customers say on a special page of the website! Got some questions? Ask us immediately! Even if it’s midnight, we shall reply! Essay-Editor is a client-oriented, active and innovative editing company ensuring a high level of all the editing services! We can prove it instantly – just make your order now! Type in the Live Chat box some unordinary request. For example, “Show me all the ways to reword my work”. We guarantee you will have all the options applicable and at the moderate price!
If you haven’t got your PhD title yet, you are probably facing the task of writing a dissertation at the moment. In the current post, we shall review the process of writing a dissertation and its checking.
Why proofreading the UK dissertation? A preparation study
As you know, the final goal of the dissertation paper is obtaining of the status and title of the Philosophy doctor (PhD). In the circumstances, when the deadline is pressing and the experience is scarce, the post-graduate student writing a dissertation faces an unavoidable question. How to write a dissertation quickly, without losing quality and meeting the deadline. Students and post-graduates tend to postpone the performance of the complex long-term works and papers, while the time is passing by. Eventually, the better time for writing does not come, while the dissertation must be completed and submitted. What to do then?
We can give plenty of advice fitting the various version of the mentioned situation. Depending on the postgraduate’s potential and ability, different actions might be undertaken. In any circumstances, you can fully rely on the fastest professional academic essay editing and proofreading service. We shall adjust and polish your dissertation so that the minor flaws would become hardly noticeable while the merits of your research will be highlighted and accentuated.
The bearers of the PhD title know well how difficult it can be – to write a dissertation quickly. However, there are many tips that the postgraduate in a hurry can use in order to ease and speed up his or her work. These are as follows.
The psychological methods of work with the talented children.
The neuropsychological aspect of working with the talented children.
As you see, though the wording is similar, yet the research would differ considerably in these cases. However, sometimes, the postgraduate can benefit from changing the topic. Narrowing the topic might help you to limit the number of tasks and cope with the research in time. Certainly, such a topic must be manageable to develop within a limited time. Do not undertake a fully innovative research in such circumstances, save this idea for the later period, when you will have more time and more confidence. Still, you will need the diplomatic skills in order to persuade your curate to modify the topic with regard to your wish. Find solid proofs and speak confidently. Use a guide on making a confident speech. Don’t be too solemn, though. And be sincere.
If your negotiations with the curate failed, do not get downcast. There is always a possibility to change the words slightly and introduce the modifications in meaning that you need. Search our services table for the rewriting an essay services and order! Upon that, you will definitely be more satisfied with your topic than before.
While preparing your speech and drawing a preliminary scheme of the dialogue with your curate, don’t grudge the time to write down your words. Ensure the text is coherent and grammatical. Then, memorize it by means suitable for you. When a difficult conversation is foreseen, one might forget even the simplest and most obvious language rules. So, better have a written copy of your speech along. If you happen to need a guide on the grammar issues, see our post for the tips for the usage of the Present Simple Tense. We are glad to help with any issue that seems unclear!
Write a plan – get the approval – start writing.
If your plan is not approved (partly or in whole), do not worry. Consider the curate’s remarks attentively. It might happen that they refer to the way the issues are described, not to the content of the plan. It requires a considerable experience to draw a plan swiftly and receive not the slightest objection on the part of the curate. Meanwhile, having drawn a proper smart plan, you’ll be able to write a nice logical academic text without spending much time for it and revising it numerous times. Having agreed on the plan with your curate, you will shorten the time of writing, preserve your clarity of mind and the money, too! Thus, do take this advice and fulfil it!
Need to revise your dissertation, rewrite an article, reword an essay quickly? See the timetable of our services via the link. The table provides the approximate cost, too, for your reference. At Essay-Editor, we value your time, so we’ve created all conditions for preserving it as much as possible!
Need a quick and smart plan for your paper in English? Have limited time for writing? Other occupations and obligations are pressing? Simply find a trusted proofreader and put a relevant task to him or her. For the criteria of the proofreader’s performance, consult the selected Essay-Editor’s posts http://essay-editor.net/blog/find-your-personal-proof-reading-services-in-the-uk. You will learn how to differ the freelancer from the editing agency, how to estimate the performance of the proofreader and what tasks can be entrusted to that specialist. Have a professional on guard of your grammar!
As to the material of the dissertation, it is better to start writing based on what you already have. Afterward, if you still think your research is incomplete, you can replenish it with the new data you’ve found. Otherwise, you might spend a lot of time searching for the new data while the actual text volume stays next to zero.
Got my dissertation ready, all nice and straight!
Great! Can I have a look?
Sure, as soon as I write it down.
Judging by the experience of the numerous postgraduate customers we have had during the time of our activity, one-two weeks of the constant work in the library is enough for gathering all the material one might need for writing a single dissertation. Some people might spend months for it and still cannot, as they say, be satisfied with the material they have. Subsequently, they cannot start writing a text as well. It is a gross mistake as in this way, the complete and thoroughly proofread dissertation work is miles away. Sometimes, it is the laziness and uncertainty that prevent the postgraduate from actual writing, making him or her search for the “better” material for a long time.
In order to unify your material and represent it properly, you will need to use grammar rules. There are plenty, starting with the simplest (check our virtual manual for the ways to learn the Present Simple in an easy way) and featuring the most difficult regulations that are hardly ever used by the native English speakers (e.g. Past Perfect Infinitive constructions).
Have you got all the material ready for your dissertation?
Oh yes, I’ve got three Guides on how to write a dissertation!
Give yourself breaks. However, do not stop in the middle of the clause. Keep your mind focused on the subject and do not distract while writing. Having finished a clause do not hurry on to the next one. You have reached the logical completion of the intense work, so, your brain needs a rest. Still, do not allow it idle for long. Search the Internet for the feedback for the performance of the selected editors. Compare the costs’ breakdown for proofreading services on different websites. Analyze the peculiarity of being charged the proof reading cost per word or per page. Give yourself a day free from writing and get down to performance of the next chapter of your dissertation. Try to make it in one breath, holding on to the productive wave you got during writing the first clause. At the same time, you will remember the details of the first clause, so, you’ll be able to write faster, avoid repetitions and save your time.
Following the described scheme, you will be able to write a dissertation in two or three months. It means that you will have plenty of time to proofread it and submit a thoroughly checked text to your curate. In such a way, you will ensure you have enough time to prepare your report and presentation of the dissertation research.
Above we have outlined the general preparation stages of the dissertation writing and the way to organize them. Further on, we shall talk in detail about the structure and content of your dissertation and the method to coordinate them in a whole smart text. Let’s go to the next clause!
Organization first or When you have limited time for writing your dissertation
How many times had you liked or even shared on your social network account the useful tips on organizing your work, leisure, trips and so on? Need another reminder? The best working principles of the time management can be found via the link. However, let’s be frank, did you implement those yourself? Have you ever tried?
A solid organization is generally accepted as a landmark of success. Indeed, when everything is prepared and most of the incidents are foreseen and prevented, there is but a little space for other unexpected changes.
Need a quick tip on the organization of your paper in English? We provide specific advice for the non-native English speakers. The various smart and comprehensive explanations of the grammar issues can be found on our blog. We constantly update the information about editing techniques, as this is a swiftly changing area. Find out the most recent innovations and the algorithm of selecting a reliable professional http://essay-editor.net/blog/tips-and-tricks-from-the-best-essay-editing-service. Edit your text with pleasure, by means of Essay-Editor editing agency!
With regard to the dissertation writing, preparation and thorough organization guarantee the desired success. That is why we decided to dedicate a separate chapter to the ways of organization of your dissertation writing. We’ll consider its main problematic issues and the tools and tips we can use to overcome them.
So, the recommendations for the proper adjustment of the writing process include:
- A strict schedule. However boring and unbearable that might sound, a schedule is a key point of the academic work. Science cannot rely on the brilliant discoveries only; it needs facts and proofs in order to ground these discoveries and connect them with the layers of knowledge already presented in the database. Such meticulous “digging”, analysis, constant comparison and verification with regard to the established axioms requires an ongoing work of thought and application of skills. It also concerns the academic writing. The successful college essay editor and proofreader is the most thorough and conservative person you have ever met. Yet, it does not prevent him or her from the constant qualification upgrade.
Draw your schedule. Allot time periods when no one and nothing should bother you with anything and dedicate this time to writing only. Turn off the sound on your smartphone, shutdown all the social networks notifications on all the gadgets, literally lock the door and take on your headphones (if you like listening to the music while writing). It is important that you could concentrate on writing completely.
Monday. Attend the courses. Write a chapter of the dissertation.
Tuesday. Attend the skiing master class. Write two chapters of the dissertation.
Sunday. Making a soda volcano. Hanging out with friends.
All day writing a dissertation (as many chapters as possible).
In order to implement that, consider your general schedule. (If you do not have one, it’s a good time to draw it.) Analyze it critically. Do not assign the time right after some active work or entertainment for writing – you might well be tired and not fit for a diligent brainwork. Apply to the professional proofreader and editor for assistance. In this way, you will save a lot of nerves and will be able to occupy yourself with the practical research. If you take some studies or work, it is most likely that you won’t find sufficient time for writing during daytime (on working days). In this case, the periods that are left for dissertation writing are early morning hours, evening and night. Don’t forget that you need to eat, sleep and just rest, too! Recompense the “busy writing” periods with other ones. For example, you might get up earlier every day and write a certain part of your dissertation daily. At the same time, you’ve got to go to bed earlier on these days as well. If you prefer to create your PhD dissertation during the night, make a rule of having some sleeping hours in the evening or during the day if there is a possibility for that.
How many constructions in your dissertation feature a Passive Voice? We bet there are many. Meanwhile, the common language style rule says the less Passive Voice you have the better. But what to do if such a formal style as a scientific style of writing foresees the usage of the Passive Voice constructions?
The golden rule for the Passive Voice usage in the English grammar is not making it excessive. Watch closely your word usage. For two Passive Voice constructions there must be at least one performed in the Active Voice. The psychology says the Active Voice is perceived more favorably. And you certainly aim for a favorable attention to your dissertation!
Any possibility can become a reality if you have such assistant as the Essay-Editor blog! It contains all type of advice for the efficient English writing. On the blog, you will find a comprehensive description of the modern editing and the detailed account of the issues that can become a prop or an obstacle on your way to the desired grammatical text. Make use of the numerous opportunities to increase the quality of your knowledge and become an expert in the English language! We provide support and clarifications with regard to any material posted on our website! Contact us without delay!
- Get rid of the time-eaters. Even a brief distraction might cause a “slip of the mind”. You might lose a thread of your thinking that might be hard to recover. Eventually, you would recollect the things you wanted to mention, yet, you would need time and effort being applied for that. The nature of the time-eaters can be different as the irritating effect can bear an individual character. Some people cannot write or work when a TV is on, others cannot sleep when it is off. Some people need a fluent melodic music in order to work productively and with pleasure, others are inspired by a hard rock. There are also people that do not accept any kind of disturbance (including music) while they concentrate on working.
Check what time-eaters are considered the most dangerous by our dissertation proofreading in the UK service. There are three color zones of the time-eaters: red (pressing deadline, phone calls and physical presence and motion of other people), pink (a monotonous or too vivid a music, SMS incoming signal), white (shuffling of the paper, sound of typing, the author’s humming). Yearn for the only irritating sounds to be the white zone events.
Before turning off your cellphone and bolting up the door remember to warn your friends, relatives, and colleagues. Otherwise, you might find your intense brainwork interrupted by the rescue brigade. Tell your friends that you don’t want to be disturbed during a certain time.
Do not distract on time-eaters even if there is a need for a break. The working issues, social networks, messengers e-mails are wont to take much more time than planned. Instead of looking through the updates for 30 seconds and coming back to writing you might find yourself in 30 minutes posting an eighth comment to the recent post of your friend. Stay concentrated on the task even if you make a technological break (i.e. a break for eating or WC).
Abolish phone calls, empty conversations, smoking, TV programs. Even a short time dedicated to another occupation will bring a distraction. It means you will have to tune your mind to the work again, to find a thought you have stopped at. In this regard, the early morning and the nighttime are preferable for the academic writing. The distraction factors are much less influential at this time.
If the constant update notifications of the Essay-Editor blog come up too often and distract you with the interesting headlines, simply silent the function of the notifications or press the button “Remind later”. Meanwhile, one of our recent posts is dedicated to the analysis of the editing offers available in the virtual English space http://essay-editor.net/blog/top-offers-for-proofreading-in-the-uk. Hope it will help you to make your choice and get confident with its rightness!
- Work incessantly. Try not to stop before the chapter is completed. Plan your work and make a timetable, assigning sufficient time to each clause. Our editing service works that way. By the way, if you compare the proofreading service rates of the different companies, remember that the cost alone cannot be the ground for the deliberate choice. Quality first, especially when you write a dissertation. Remember taking into account the volume of the dissertation and the approximate volume of each clause. Aim for completing your job in three weeks. At the same time, the deadline for submitting the dissertation must be not earlier than two months. Even if you cope with writing, you will need additional time to insert the references, proofread your dissertation and adjust its structure if needed. It also might happen that you would like to add some information, analytical data or amend your conclusions. Proofread attentively; see to the logical connections in the text (both in the separate paragraphs and between the chapters). Avoid the repetitions, though at certain circumstances, they can be justified. Watch closely not only for literal repetitions but also for semantic ones.
In 1882, Robert Koch has discovered the bacillus that was named after him.
In the end of XIXth century, the mycobacterium of tuberculosis was discovered.
If you spot the logical incoherence in your text but cannot solve this problem satisfactorily, our editing agency is ready to provide a quick solution. Contact the paragraph rewriting service right now and consult a specialist editor regarding your dissertation. Call us anytime!
If you do not know what to start from, search your plan for a hint. The plan is a chart where you can draw your way of proceeding and mark your progress. The comprehensive and logical structure will considerably facilitate your work. Adhere to your established daily norm of writing and do not deviate from the schedule. Avoid both falling behind and exceeding the plan doing too much during one “shift”. This might result in tiredness and inadequate estimation of your work as well as in the non-ability to continue working at the same pace. Be consistent and work in accordance with your plan and timetable.
As we see, the organization of the dissertation writing follows the general principles of organization of your writing. Following them, you will be able to draw a coherent and effective plan for your work and make the writing of your dissertation a productive and efficient process. Your three main rules to follow are the clear structure, the reality-based timetable, and completely peaceful environment. Ensure you have all and start off with your writing!
Further on, we shall consider each of these issues and find out the best way to implement them efficiently.
Building a proper structure for your dissertation
Why is clear and logical structure so important for the successful dissertation? Because a dissertation is a serious step in your academic career that certifies your worthiness of bearing a title of PhD. That is, having unordinary analytical skills and a certain talent of the researcher.
A talent is required not only for the scientific discoveries’ performance but also for a proper usage of the English grammar. For that, you might well not know what a Complex Tense is or what are the rules of usage of the Gerund. However, having a talent (or a peculiar “feeling of language) you will scarcely make a mistake in your speech. In your writing as well!
Before starting to write and even before drawing your preliminary plan, study closely the requirements put to the dissertation works in the university you are studying at. It is also a number one question when you apply for the proof reading of your academic text. There is a set of requirements that are similar at all the UK universities (much as worldwide). Your dissertation must mention such structural components as the novelty of the topic, scientific meaning, practical meaning. You’ve got to list the articles you wrote with relation to this topic, which were published in the academic editions. Usually, before the defense of your dissertation, you also need to pass the Doctorate exams. Take all these issues into account before actually starting to write your text.
Though the science is as diverse as nature and there are no obvious common features in the astronautics and the grammar rules, yet all the successful dissertations are alike. They are written following a certain common algorithm and structure. There are, however, several approaches to the structure of the dissertation, accepted in the modern scientific world. Here, we shall outline the classical approach and discuss its particulars.
If you have doubts with regard to the correctness of your grammar, it is better not to irritate the curate with the non-literary passages. Remember that the grammar check of the essay can be performed in the online mode as well. However, for certain issues, it is preferable to consult a live editor. Only the human editor can understand the principles of the word play and / or recognize the new cultural precedent text (e.g. Brexit).
The grammatical and appropriate text must reply to the following questions:
Do you consider several options of hiring a suitable editor for your texts? Remember that the fastest result does not necessarily grant an impeccable performance. However, the proofreaders available online usually perform the work faster. At least, there is minimal time spent for the delivery of the text to the customer. See what options the Web provides for the search of the efficient specialist in linguistics http://essay-editor.net/blog/find-the-best-paper-editor-online and if there are options of the online proofreading available. Ensure the editor has a solid background and a good reputation. Put your order comprehensively, stating all the conditions you consider important.
Usually, a separate chapter of the dissertation answers each question. Our college essays editing services are available round-the-clock and can help you build a proper framework for your dissertation. Let us have a look at the classical structure of the dissertation prepared on the base of the university in the UK. A standard dissertation consists of:
1. Introduction. Allot from three to five pages for the introduction. Be brief yet manage to explain what your topic is about and what aspect you are going to disclose. Ground your choice explaining what use the world can make out of your research and where its results can be implemented. Mention what step in the theoretical findings you have performed. It has been noted that the introduction is often given the most of the attention. Thus, it must make a mini version of your dissertation. Make it good – and you’ll ensure 85% chances of success.
A good introduction makes a complete story.
It marks all the landmarks of the research and
provides the essence of the conclusion.
The introduction attracts the eyes of all the people who happen to open up your dissertation. Thus, there is no room for mistakes and flaws. If your time is limited, quickly lodge an order with our professional proofreading services online. Make a quick request and receive a fast yet comprehensive reply.
2. A theoretical part. Materials. Make a review of the theoretical sources you studied and used that make a background of your own research. Do not focus on your personal academic interest only, briefly describe the state of affairs in the area of science your research refers to (with regard to the issue you disclose in your dissertation). Describe in detail the purpose and tasks of your present research; also mention the principal theses you are going to report at the defense of your work. Indicate the scientists who participated in the development of the topic; mention their works. Briefly, give an account of what is said in each work. Assign about fifteen pages to this data.
Do not list all the works published by the author
but only the ones that refer to your present research.
Your theoretical part must not consist of the references and direct quoting only. Relay the ideas with your own words but do not forget to indicate the primary source. In order to execute the references correctly, request the proofreading from our editor and proofreader services. Every specialist from our company is at your service!
3. A methodological part. Describe the way the scientific area is developed. What methods are engaged. How they are implemented. Check the definition of the scientific method and classification of the concept. Use it wisely! Describe in detail the process of obtaining the principal data and results. Define the methods and techniques you have been using while preparing the current research. Do not afraid to be too specific in this chapter. Mention each technique you used and justify its usage. This chapter must take approximately twelve pages.
Be consistent describing the methodology. Start with
the general methods of cognition (e.g. dialectical method)
and outline more specific methods (e.g. active watching)
until you get to the particular techniques (e.g. sociological experiment).
Methodology is a necessary yet the most boring part of any research. There is nothing to add to the dry formal clichés describing the choice of the method for your research. However, you can animate the text a little bit by using the shortened or, to the contrary, long constructions, playing with synonyms, making illustrations. See a good example of the academic text on the web page of our editing service. The sample essays and other papers provide a good example to follow! Take the most successful patterns and implement them in your essay!
4. A practical part. It makes a core of the dissertation work. Depending on the subject and the nature of the research, it might comprise from sixty to ninety pages. Here, you describe everything that you did while performing the research. Relay the results in the form of the descriptions, diagrams, tables. Support the data by your conclusions, references to the theoretical data, developed patterns of a sequence. Relay the information in blocks. This would facilitate its perception and allow you noticing some other patterns and parallels that could be omitted before.
Use a formal academic language style in the practical clause.
Be straight and specific. Drop excessive descriptions not
reflecting any practical purpose. It is better to write fifty
pages of the valid content than one hundred pages
of empty descriptions and obvious conclusions.
Before ordering the proofreading of your paper, ask yourself what do you know about the essay proofreader. Can you say what a primary task of the proofreader is? What is the difference between proofreader and editor? What kind of an order should be put with the essay proofreader? If you are at a lost for answering these questions, simply read our review of the matter. Make an informed order!
5. Explanative chapter. Usually takes about twenty-five pages. There you briefly summarize the results received during the practical research and compare them to the theoretical data. The conclusions received by other authors with regard to the similar issues can be taken into account. If the results you received, agree with some existing scientific methodic, the data must be explained from the point of view of this methodic. See the definition of the scientific technique (methodic) and its principal features differing it from other methodological concepts. If you spot the references to another methodic, even from another area of science, mention the fact and list the proofs. If the results obtained do not fit any existing methodic, then, the present research makes an initial stage of the development of a new scientific direction or approach. In this case, mention the principal theses of the new approach, the area of its usage, the methods of its investigation. Outline the perspectives for its development.
If you describe a new methodic that your research uncovers,
ensure the authenticity of your discovery. Double check the
existing research developments in the current and adjoining spheres of
science. Search for the works that might describe similar issues
in the terms of another methodological approach. Justify the
relevance of your methodic by the results you received.
Analyze its potential flaws and merits and draw the perspectives.
The grammar rules can be difficult to memorize. However, once you’ve started implementing them in your speech and your writing, they turn out to be something unnoticeable and a mere habit of the language usage. Many non-native English speakers mark that the nature of the Gerund and the rules of its usage seemed unclear, yet, when they actually introduced it into their language, they have intuitively grasped its grammar meaning. The English grammar describes the Gerund as the way to reflect an action as a self-sufficient category. It does not require a subject of an action though in certain situations it can be implied. Learn all the grammar categories with our virtual guide!
6. A conclusive part. Here, you describe the patterns you have drawn basis the results received during the practical research, and their relation to the goals of the research (as was declared in the first chapter of the dissertation paper). Relay all the consequences you have spotted, briefly list the proofs justifying your conclusions. Mention the areas and ways of the practical usage of the received results. Develop the precise recommendations for each area of application, analyzing all advantages and disadvantages of using your technique. Assign about fifteen pages to the conclusive part.
Conclusive part is aimed at the practical descriptions. Point out
the areas of science and applied science that can make use of
your developments. Tell how exactly they can be used and what
problem can be solved in this way.
The conclusive part makes the essence of the whole work. It must answer the question “Why?” What is the use of the current research? Did it help to solve any problem? Did it disclose the existence of another problem? Answer these questions properly with the help of the highly professional essay editing agency in the United Kingdom! We are available at any time of the day!
7. The list of references. The execution of the references’ list must follow the rules outlined by the correspondent scientific society in your country. In most English-speaking countries, the American Psychological Association guide establishes the requirements for this section of the academic work. Learn what is the history and the modern status of the APA following the link. In any reference frame, the list must contain all the sources that were used during the completion of the present dissertation research (both theoretical and practical). The list of references is usually executed after the writing of the main body of the dissertation is over. Many times, it is executed in a wrong way. The reason is, having coped with the main body, postgraduates tend to relax and not pay close attention to the “tail” of the work. Meanwhile, the incorrectly executed References’ List can be a reason for non-acceptance of your work to the review of the commission. In order to prevent such an unpleasant event, simply allot some time to compose your list of references thoroughly. Here are some general requirements adhered to all over the world:
The following types of the references’ sorting can be used for dissertation works (as well as for some other academic papers). Some lists of references might include two or more types of sorting at the same time:
The best way to perform an initial proofreading of your academic text is reading it yourself again. Doing it aloud and having some other scholar listening to you. If there is no such option available at the time, pick the most acceptable offer of the proofreading provided online http://essay-editor.net/blog/we-render-proofreading-website-service. Compare several offers by the parameters of quality, cost, quickness, positive feedback, certificate and so on. Important tip. The proofreader must understand the topic of your text. Otherwise, even a linguistically skillful editor might make a mistake while proofreading or miss one.
The list of references must be composed along with the writing of the dissertation. Write down the full information on each source you use. In this way, you won’t have to spend considerable time recalling which source contained this or that data.
A useful tip. While writing your dissertation, mark the places
for references in the text and put the references in the list
in the order of their mentioning. Necessarily, write the author’s
and work’s name right in the text. Upon completion of writing,
you can sort out the references’ list and just replace the references in the text
with the correspondent numbers from your list. In this way,
you can save time significantly!
Many postgraduates are worried that their References’ list is too wide or too narrow. There are usually no limits on the number of sources used for an academic paper. However, the deepness and volume of the dissertation research imply a considerable volume of data to be worked out. That is why the list of references in your dissertation must contain no less than one hundred sources. At least twenty-five sources must be dedicated to the practical issues of the research, about fifteen – to methodological issues. There is no upper limit for the list of references, however, do not make it too bulky. If your list exceeds 600 items, make it shorter by mentioning only the principal works written by the same authors. Have no opportunity for adjusting your references’ section? Pay a little for online papers editing services and have the job done in a wink!
8. Addenda. The dissertation research usually implies working out considerable practical data. Attach all the graphic materials, illustrative materials that were not included in the main body of the text. These can be diagrams, schemes, tables and so on. The criteria, by which certain materials can be referred to Addenda, can be different. By the most common rule, if a scheme or another graphic element takes more than one-third of a page, it is to be reflected as an Addendum. This is made in order not to overburden an already bulky dissertation paper.
Thus, a dissertation paper has a strict structure that must be followed during its writing. The average dissertation work counts around 120 pages (typed) without the List of References and Addenda. It is important to follow the logical sequence of the structure from Introduction and theoretical Background to the Practical Research and Conclusive part. The technical parameters of the dissertation’ execution are also important, though often omitted during writing. Meanwhile, the precise execution of the prescribed indents, spacing, font sizing, numeration style, graphic materials’ positioning and so on can become another trouble if not looked after from the very beginning. You might check the recently submitted and successfully defended dissertations in order to check these moments. Another option is contacting a specialist proofreader for polishing the final version of your dissertation. Study closely every offer for proofreading, get to know the editing and proofreading service inside out. Select the way that is optimal for you!
Before proofreading your dissertation, check that all the materials that you might need are at hand. See what all the grammar rules are adhered to in your text. Do not condemn double-checking even the obvious passages. It is hard to believe yet the most of the mistakes students and postgraduates make when applying simple grammar categories often used in the everyday communication. Check that your usage of the Past Indefinite Tense does not clash with the Present Continuous used in the next sentence. Verify whether the particular Infinitive needs a particle to or not. Proofread thoroughly!
The first line is the hardest or How to start writing your dissertation right away
As we’ve seen above, the dissertation is a serious scientific research requiring a solid theoretical and practical investigation of the certain academic issue. The preparation of the dissertation foresees also the scholar’s qualification’ enhancing. In case the defense passes successfully, the postgraduate obtains the title of the Philosophy Doctor (PhD) that symbolizes an academic grade and status. The quality of the defense (the report and answering the questions of the scientific committee) depends also on the way the postgraduate has approached the dissertation writing, his or her psychological readiness to obtain an academic title and become a scholar.
Want to find out about an easy way to be introduced to the scientific society? Wonder if you are fit for writing fiction? Need an insider hint for promoting your blog page to the top of the search results? This and many other data can be found in the blog section concerning English writing. There is also plenty of advice regarding the usage of the grammar patterns and grammar categories, the recommendations for the adjustment of your writing style and many others. Make it your homepage for not missing any updates!
Yet, even if you already visualize yourself among the severe members of the scientific committee and your name among the next Nobel prize laureates, you still might experience difficulties with starting your work.
Which part to describe first? Is it better to start from the theoretical background or relay the practical results? Or, maybe, first of all, I should compose the List of References? These and similar questions are haunting each postgraduate who faces the task to start writing a dissertation right here right now.
First of all, remember that you are not the only one having such a problem. At this very moment, thousands of people in the world experience the same torment. Some have to write another academic paper, some need to prepare a business plan for their projects; some just gather the courage to send an important e-mail or SMS. However, the problem is the same, how to start?
For the students and postgraduates that have contacted the efficient English proofreading online service, the issue is solved. However, for the sake of your further writing, it is better to write the text yourself while having the assistance of a specialist as a background.
Let us try to uncover the probable stoppers that prevent many writers from pouring their knowledge onto the paper, and outline the ways to get rid of them.
In order to start writing a body of your dissertation, you will need:
If you already have some articles published on the topic of your research, then starting is not a problem. Just take the beginning of the article and continue writing in order to connect it with the next article or to develop your research further. Still, if you haven’t got the publications yet, it’s not a reason to postpone the writing your dissertation.
Just as well, the insufficient writing skills must not stop you from beginning to write the text. Remember that the language is studied through its usage and along with it. However, some complex passages can be formed only provided the prior training has been performed. For example, learning the Subjunctive Mood principles foresees the theoretical understanding first. If you need the colorful Subjunctive Mood examples, welcome to the relevant post on the Essay-Editor’s website!
The following somewhat unusual tips can be handy in order to push your hand and make it type the first few sentences:
1. Visualize. Imagine and estimate your idea of writing a successful dissertation as a realized project. Think of your goals. Be honest with yourself. You might be having an idea that you wish to develop and receive a result. That would make a good start for a productive research. Visualize the end result of your research, its actual implementation in some practical sphere. At the same time, a considerable number of postgraduates yearn for the academic title and status of the PhD more than for the possibility to implement their own ideas. Such an ambition is not something to be ashamed of. In order to make a scientific career, the solid research and new discoveries must be performed. That is why being ambitious in science and building a scientific career implies readiness for serious scientific work. In this case, visualize yourself as a bearer of the prestigious PhD title, already plunging into the next research. What kind of research would that be? Anyway, whatever is your goal, you must be ready to work out the topic actively and with determination.
Whatever is your goal, take the dissertation research seriously.
It is essential for the science and for your academic image.
2. Consult a professional psychologist. Such a specialist will determine the way you receive and work out the information, your ability for the critical analysis and synthetic thinking, the level of knowledge of the methodological basis, the level of your self-confidence. Such data will help to determine the optimal framework of your research development and dissertation writing. Besides, the psychological tests and experiments will help to organize your mind and work out the preliminary plan of action. The psychological approach will also assist you in composing your timetable, as it will determine such features of your behavior as the optimal productivity time, the preferred sphere of activity and so on.
Defining your temperament and the particular features of the character,
you can plan your work more effectively. A choleric might need
to address one subject several times, for a short time (15 minutes during 4 days).
Meanwhile, a phlegmatic would need more time (let us say, two hours) but
Will be able to grasp the essence and work out the details to perfection.
When the result of your writing seems far from being perfect, yet you cannot find out what is wrong with it, our specialists can gladly help. You can order the service of the paper revision that implies the change of the paper’s structure and shape without modifying its content and the main idea. The cheapest and most efficient way to make a revision of your dissertation is explained here http://essay-editor.net/blog/we-are-ready-to-revise-a-paper. Describe your predicament in a few words, and we shall provide you with all the options we have! The Essay-Editor pros work round-the-clock in order to help you just at the moment you need it.
3. Narrow down the topic. While the ambition and scientific interest inspire the students and postgraduates for global thinking and global discoveries, the present conditions might be unfavorable for such wide views. A thorough practical development of a certain limited field of science can be more important than an abstract wordy discussion about global problems. Besides, it is much more pleasant to be able to make a global conclusion basis your own series of academic investigations than just summarizing the results got by other scientists.
If your topic sounds global and there is no possibility to
narrow it down without losing a sense, simply introduce the
specification. Put a colon and specify, “on the basis of the material of …”
With the best academic papers editing, you will have your topic amended professionally and in a crafty way. Just relay your task or your wishes for the topic to the specialist and receive the quality product. That’s the way we work!
4. Share with other scholars. Discuss your topic and your research with your college teachers, with your curate, with other postgraduates. You might find a useful advice. Ask the experienced scholars about the way they start writing the academic papers. What part of the paper do they start to describe? Do they write line by line or pour out the information in blocks? Do they make breaks or write in one breath? That would allow you building your own framework of writing fitting your own circumstances and individual features.
Asking is the invaluable habit of the efficient scientist.
Remember that curiosity is the motion power of science.
5. Timing first. Develop your scheme of working on the dissertation clauses and try not to deviate from it. Make a mental trick for yourself – shift the deadline for the dissertation submitting one month earlier. Such a trick would propel your brain to work with more attention and diligence. Besides, a month break would be enough for the final proofreading and adjustment of your dissertation. You’ll be able to make it a perfection!
While hurrying on to meet the self-established deadline,
remember the Latin saying “Festina lente”.
Hurry slowly. Be quick yet be thorough.
6. Break the pattern. Start writing … the article instead of the dissertation! The academic article has a small volume and features less formal style. It might turn out that writing it is quite an easy task in comparison to writing a dissertation. Then, you might write other ten articles. What’s then, you might ask. When am I to start writing a dissertation? The thing is, if you have ten articles ready, you have about 200 pages of text concerning the issue you intended to develop. All there is left to do is combining them under one solid research. Certainly, the conclusion would require an additional mind work. It must unite all the small discoveries and draw an all-encompassing pattern.
While combining the articles, remember to divide the information in them.
Each article is a mini dissertation itself. As such, it has a theoretical background,
a practical part and conclusion. Break down the information into
the meaning blocks and then combine the blocks!
You can also break the pattern by using the non-characteristic passages and the style of writing. However, be cautious with the deviation from rules in the academic works. Some regulations, though not officially fixed, still must be adhered to. For example, there is no reason for using the Direct Speech while describing your research. As to the Indirect Speech rules, they are always available for reading on our website, in the “How to” section of the blog.
7. Write a request… to yourself. If you tried several ways in order to make yourself type the first several syllables, yet failed, it’s time to apply to psychology. Play another trick with your mind. Take a paper and make an official request for the immediate start of the dissertation writing. Address the letter to yourself. You can even send it by post or (preferably) by e-mail. Upon receiving the request, consider it seriously and get down to work!
From: Conscience and Self-Respect
In view of the deadline for the paper submission expiring in two months,
kindly ask you to start the dissertation writing immediately.
C. & S-R.
There are many ways to start doing something that seems scary, perplexing, or just unusual. Just think that starting now, tomorrow you will already have a part of your text ready. Inspiring, eh?
The ideal situation is when you work out some topic since your studentship. Then, you do not have doubts as the topic is already well known to you and you already have some papers in this regard. Remember that a good academic practice foresees that each new work of a higher level (e.g. a dissertation) includes not more than 20% of the previous work (e.g. a course paper). 80% of your text must represent new research and new results. Certainly, there would be a new conclusion as well.
Have you had a hard time writing your dissertation and revising some parts of it? Have you solved the problematic issues or got stuck at one of them? Anyhow, a short break will allow you gathering more effort and deal with the problem efficiently. Meanwhile, get your brain busy learning interesting news from all over the world. There is a separate section describing interesting facts from the different areas of activity. It is designed for entertainment yet we aim to make each material a useful hint to some part of the life. Enjoy!
However, another worrying thought that might prevent a postgraduate from writing can be the idea of the forthcoming dissertation defense. In order to leave such thoughts aside and be able to plunge into writing, simply read the next clause. We shall discuss the easy way to prepare and conduct your defense.
Meanwhile, preparing to the dissertation defense, find your backstopping solution in applying to Essay-Editor for the dissertation proofreading! We provide a quick and quality proofreading that is not limited to the grammar and commas. Our pros will inform you of the logical and structural incongruities (if any) and help in compiling your defense presentation. Be confident in your research and its perfection! Want some information on our services and performance? See what we do and the way we deal with your texts:
Getting closer to the goal or How to prepare the presentation and defend your dissertation
The dissertation writing is not just a relaying of the results you received during your research. It is also a test for your scientific capability as well as for your desire to become a scientist. If upon writing the last word of your dissertation you already think of the way to continue the research (or maybe start a new one), it means you’re on a right way!
Yet, before commencing another exciting investigation, you need to prove you are worth bearing the PhD title. And this implies you’ve got to present your dissertation and defend it before the committee of scholars. Got afraid? We’ll dissolve your fears!
While getting ready to the defense, remember that preparation is the keyword for the successful submission. Find out all the requirements and follow them up closely. Now, we shall consider only the most common ones that are usually put to the UK applicants.
Need a more detailed advice on composing your Abstract? Wonder what data it must contain and which is better to be dropped? Find the answers to the various issues of editing on the professional linguistic blog. The access point is the website of the Essay-Editor.net. Find out everything about editing and be ready to estimate the offers you receive from the different editors, professionally! Check the new entries coming every week!
As we see, provided the proper motivation is present, there is nothing difficult in preparing the dissertation and defending it. The most difficult is to start off, while if you have ensured a proper organization of your work, in a few months you will have your dissertation ready. Do not miss the stage of proofreading, though. Never rely on your linguistic skills when it goes about such a large text as a dissertation.
At Essay-Editor, we understand well how tired you would be upon finishing your writing! And we are ready to backstop you and proofread your dissertation at any time you might think proper! We provide the editing services of all kinds including the most modern editing techniques, with no limitation! You can contact us anytime from any part of the world. Our experienced editors will not waste time for unnecessary discussions. As soon as the service, its cost and conditions are agreed, we set down to work And you will have your text back fully proofread and corrected, within a few hours! Try our welcoming website and order the help with your dissertation immediately!
If you are keen, you can browse our blog while your dissertation is being proofread. There you will find a full account of our services and the way we ensure the constantly high quality and innovative approach to editing! Besides, there is plenty of the wholesome information. Find out how to start your own blog, what words can make you sound like a retro man and where to travel in order to enhance your English. The assortment of our posts can satisfy any request! Some of the articles are provided below. Right click and open the hyperlink in order to access the Essay-Editor website!
Need a quick advice? Don’t hesitate anymore; contact Essay-Editor right away! Free consulting and low prices for the editing services!