Cheap proofreading service – what to expect?
The modern educational standards are quite demanding, obliging students who wish to earn high grades, to work tirelessly and diligently throughout the year. The volume and quantity of assignments continually increase; the topics and tasks become more elaborated and specific. It requires a certain resilience and motivation on the part of a student, and also takes considerable time for the preparation and fulfilling of all the tasks. Should you like to outsource the auxiliary tasks to be able to concentrate yourself on the primary ones, you may well consider our reliable thesis editing service. While you direct all your efforts to the preparation to exams, gathering of the required documentation, searching for additional scientific proofs, arguments or solutions, you can relieve yourself of a proofreading and formatting burden, resting assured it is in the reliable hands.
Meanwhile when you take the decision to outsource the secondary part of your activities, let us say, proofreading, you always face the choice: whether to order from the company with an animated website, or with the one with the dull website however good feedback on the Web. Whether to choose the cheaper freelancer or the more expensive company service that comes under guarantee. Certainly, the decision would depend much on your actual resources: time, money, skills. If you’ve got time, you can order less expensive proofreading but with the longer period of preparation. If the money is your current strength, you can order the lightning-fast and efficient proofreading. If you are talented as a linguist and have proper skills, you can do the proofreading yourself.
However, the final choice is not that easy as it usually includes multiple auxiliary circumstances: other occupations and assignments, physical weariness, economy considerations, forthcoming birthday of a friend or your mom etc.
Let us examine the last case, when you lack the money or do not have the possibility to spend a lot of it, and you order a cheap editing service. Let’s see what you can expect as a result.
Thus, we see that the overall result of the cheap services ordered from the professional editors, is still quite beneficial. Your text will be thoroughly proofread, and all the mistakes will be fixed. Yet it may take more time, or less personal approach, or the absence of some bonuses. However, speaking frankly, these factors are not crucial for the text editing process, and usually do not influence its result.
Having a number of tasks to be performed simultaneously or with the close deadline can lead to the overcharge of your brain. Getting to write an assignment, to perform a lab or a practical and to sign the acceptance pass to the restricted area of the laboratory at the same time will probably lead to a number of the small mistakes and typos in your occupations. Keeping too much in mind can result in the complete disorientation of focus and the mental ignorance of the most regular and accustomed rules. Even the present simple tense basic rules can be violated when you are overwhelmed with too many things to hold in your memory and to be worked out by your brain.
Want to know more about the editing services and their benefits? Our blog has an exhaustive answer to your request! Browse the most interesting among our articles and improve your knowledge of the editing field:
Pros and cons of the cheap editing services
While you weighting on your mind scales the pros and cons for ordering the proofreading for your text, we’d like to remind there cannot be a regular all-fitting decision. Your case is unique, as are your circumstances, and that is why for the first time you most certainly will be wondering whether you are making a right choice.
To help you determine your priorities, we have complied a list for both advantages you can possibly get out of the cheap editing services and disappointments that might weigh upon you. Being warned is being armed, so, before taking your final decision, throw a glance at the below text. Maybe you will find the answer to the very question you constantly turn over in our mind.
The factors voting for the inexpensive proofreading:
1. Cost. It seems obvious; however let us look at this issue more closely. When you’re short on money, there is no other way than to choose the cheaper services. However, when you’ve got the sufficient funds yet lack the motivation to spend them on the editing of your text, the adjective “cheap” may work as a lure for you. Just make sure it is cheap, indeed.
2. Quality doesn’t suffer. If you order from the solid company with a good reputation, the quality of performance will not depend on the price. Whatever is the reason of a low price (general discount, loyalty discount, celebrating campaign), your text will be proofread thoroughly and all the needed corrections will be introduced.
3. Good offer for the short papers. The establishment of the price is usually based on such factors, as the difficulty of the task, the volume of the text, the time and effort spent on the task, specific skills needed to perform the task, the price offers for the similar services in the market. However, some editing companies establish fixed prices on services ranging greatly basis the volume of the texts. For example, proofreading a text of A4 sheet may cost thrice less than proofreading A4 sheet and a half. This is where you can get full advantage of your short papers.
The requirements for the academic papers vary in their strictness and scope. However, usually all educational institutions split them in accordance with the target auditory. The preciseness and proofs required for the dissertation differ significantly from the rules of the essay’ composition. That is why we have a special direction in our editing approach that is tailored-cut for the demands of the students. When you order the proofreading of your text, mention it is a student assignment or just place an order like “Need a quality proofread for student”. Such reference will allow the editor to apply the standards set for the student’s papers and will considerably reduce the time of the editing performance. It won’t affect the usual top-rated quality of our services, though. Make your choice!
4. Conservative techniques. While the grammar does not change radically within few years, but needs a century or so to introduce even minor changes, the techniques for its proofreading and correcting remain the same. They can vary, though, depending on the presentation of the text. There are more possibilities to enhance the proofreader’s work while working out the electronic copy. Yet, in general, the proofreaders do the same job they used to a century ago. Read the text, spot deficiencies in the grammar, syntax, punctuation, orthography; correct them; read again. Sometimes the first two parts may be automatized. However, that is not the case with the reputable proofreading companies. The imperfectness of the modern spell-, grammar- and other checkers cannot allow the professional editor to rely completely on these programs.
Now that you know what points you can score with the cheap editing, let us see if you are going to lose some, and how many, if so:
1. Limited range of services. When ordering proofreading with the trustworthy and professional editing company, you can count on some additional services, like rewriting, revision – to a certain extent. If upon all the corrections your text looks somewhat incongruous, the efficient editor will rectify it without further notice. However, when you order a discounted service or the one positioned as a cheap one, most likely you won’t be able to count on such complements.
2. Would-be cost-effectiveness. It is certainly not the way with the reputable companies offering discounts or revising their prices due to the market development. However, with the less known editors, it can happen that ordering a cheap service you will be propelled further to order some additional ones, as we mentioned in the previous paragraph (rewriting, revision, rewording etc.). Or it turns out that only a part of the service is estimated cheap, while the other one is to be provided for additional cost. For example, the proofreader checks the orthography only, and provides you with the statement showing your text has several grammar deficiencies that can be corrected at a certain cost. In the end, such trick may lead to the double pricing of the service. Needless to say, that it is better to avoid such companies. For that all the conditions, volumes and price must be discussed and confirmed before the acceptance of the order.
3. Insufficient or poorly organized feedback. Such things can happen with the novices in the editing activities or the ones not dedicating much attention to the needs of their customers. The proofreader replies with a brief OK to your order and in a while, you receive the text only close to the one you have earlier submitted. It is reasonable to avoid such companies as the result may vary significantly from your expectations. Though it still may be well proofread, some passages outlining your individual style may be erased or turn to be out of context. Pay close attention to the correctness of the initial messages of the editor, and be sure to choose the experienced and professional paper editing service.
As we see from the above, the cheap editing services have more advantages than drawbacks, though differing in their specifics. The main criterion to be used when choosing the proofreading services for your paper is not a price, but the efficiency and reputation of the company. If both these factors are high-grade ones, go ahead with your order – you will receive the grammatical text tailor-cut to your needs, and at a fair cost.
Have you made up your decision regarding the proofreading of your text? Use the information from our articles to make your own view of the editing services. Just check the recent entries in our blog:
How to choose a good yet cost-effective proofreading service
Upon finding out the inside of the cheap editing services, it is reasonable to mention how to find one that provides the best prices and the quality service. Below you will find the indicators that depending on the reaction show you a red light to order from some particular company.
Thus, we can say the proofreading allowing to save money can be a good solution if you need to save your money. However, if you wish to obtain a professionally checked text, you need to make a thorough research on the company you are going to approach. Use our advice above and proofread your text with professionals and at the fairest cost!
Learn more about the proofreading and the ways to enhance your English. Comprehensive articles on English grammar, syntax, punctuation and other linguistic areas will help you to form your own strong base and to proofread your documents yourself:
In your opinion, what services can be ordered at a cheap price, without worsening the result? For entering the discussion and leaving your comments, fill-in the contact form on our website. Looking forward to hearing from you!